7.22.2009

facebook & co-workers

Ahh, facebook. It's always an issue when starting a new job. Or meeting new people. Being at a new job means I have met a lot of new people. That also translates into a lot of people wanting to be my friend on facebook. Who wouldn't want to be my friend on facebook?

Now honestly, I have sort of jumped from the proverbial 'facebook ship' sometime ago. I talk to those people I'm friends with in real life or in emails from time to time. I rarely check into facebook now that I'm busy at work. And when I get home I don't often feel like being on the computer

In the past I really haven't worked at any place with a lot of people. Typically they've been small offices but now it's a company that has over 150 in my office alone. So I made a rule for myself that I wasn't going to add any more friends to my facebook account (especially co-workers) since I rarely check it anyhow. Some of these co-workers have requested to be my friend on facebook, I'm not surprised, I want to be my friend too! Sure, some of them I work with on a daily basis while others are just there and the most I've said to them is 'hello' at the coffee maker. Either way I don't want you to be my friend on facebook. I don't want you to see the drunk pictures of my (you'll have to wait for the Christmas party), or who all my friends are or whatever.

I hate facebook.

1 comments:

tee said...

I read this and thought of your post....enjoy!

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2009/08/10/why-facebook-is-sooo-gonna-get-you-fired/