5.24.2009

baking... no bleeding

So tonight I decided to bake some cookies and some banana bread. That wasn't a big problem. I even made a roast in the slow cooker for supper - again, not a problem. What was the problem? Cutting some lemons for our iced tea. Yup, I almost lost a finger tip, which would be good if I was a spy and didn't want people to know my finger print and I'd have to find someway to get rid of my finger prints but I wouldn't recommend cutting them off because it hurts really bad, so would burning them with acid or trying to scar them. Honestly... just wear gloves if you're a spy, it's the safest way to go, actually it's probably safer if you weren't a spy and you worked in an office or perhaps a grocery store. I like grocery stores. Safeway buns and cupcakes are my most favourite. And I like the sushi at Sobey's, but I still tend to call it IGA. Remember when the IGA in the south end was on strike for like two years, through the winter when it was like -40C outside? I don't know why I had to use the word outside, it wouldn't be -40C inside, unless you lived in a freezer and I don't know why you'd do that.

Anyhow, I'm not good with seeing my own blood. It honestly makes me want to puke and pass out. Seriously, I wish I was joking, but I'm not. I didn't cut a my wrist and blood wasn't gushing out all over, it was just the side of my finger but the blood was coming out pretty fast... faster than if it was a paper cut but not as fast as if it were an artery. So I ran to the washroom to run it under cold water. Why did I run to the washroom I was in the kitchen right beside the kitchen sink. For some reason I always feel that bloody emergencies call for the need to be in the washroom and not the kitchen. I didn't want to taint any of the food I had prepared so far. So Shawn, my loving husband, came in to see how I was because I typically don't yell 'ouch' and run to the washroom when I cook. I know it's surprising because I that sounds like how I should cook. Anyhow, he got me a cloth to wrap around my finger. I wasn't going to use toilet paper, that will stick to my wound and it could get infected. I could get gangrene on my finger or I could suffer from septic shock. Like I said earlier, I'm not good with seeing my own blood. I almost passed out on the way into my bedroom to lay down. I needed to lay down! I was sweating profusly and totally wanted to puke. But I didn't. I was proud of myself. So I ate one of those delicious cookies I made.

Oh and no blood made it into any of my cooking, baking or drinking!

1 comments:

notquiteawake said...

The misadventures of Farleycat. Good post!