2.19.2009

pace setters


So I was talking with some friends last night, one of which is from Newfoundland. We were talking about the Canadian lexicon and how it differs from the United States - some words are strictly Canadian. You know the type: toque, double-double and toonie, just to name a few. But we then got to regional terms, again for example the term bunny hug is pretty much a Saskatchewan phrase, as is Vico (if you don't know it, don't ask). Another phrase is gitch or gotch (which are terrible words, don't get me started), but in Manitoba it is ginch or gonch - they through in an 'n' for some reason! Port-a-potty is not an Ontario term, they call it a Johnny-On-The-Spot. It's not a parkade in Ontario it is an above ground parking structure. Okay, I'm going too far off topic now.

What I wanted to talk about here was the glorious wonder of Pace Setters. We all had at least on pair while growing up. You could have them in maroon with a yellow stripe down the side and the white piping on each side of the stripe. Or maybe in a baby blue with red stripes, yellow and green, black and red, the possibilities were seemingly endless. Alas, our good friend from the Rock had no idea what Pace Setters were! So being a good friend, I was going to look up this wondrous apparel and email it to him. But do you think for the love of God that I can find Pace Setters on the great inter-web?!? HELL NO! I'm a little upset and saddened by this. So I put up an image of the logo to warm most of your hearts. It's a little bitter sweet.
I could find jackets, fleece vests, curling pants, shirts... but not the illustrious pants. I feel old.




0 comments: