2.05.2009

eating

People that know me well know that I have huge issues with people eating. Lots of issues. Typically they are all issues with people eating loudly, chewing with their mouths open, and things of that sort. One that has particularly bothered me today is eating while on the phone.

WHY? Why would you eat while you are talking on the phone? You aren't multi-tasking, you are being rude! I HATE when people are eating on the phone and talking to me... honestly, if you do that I will hang up on you. But what is worse is being in the actual physical presence with someone who is eating and talking on the phone - because I can't hang up!! Do people not realize that every lip smack and crunch is being amplified by the phone and making it a million times worse?!?!

When you are eating you should be eating and not talking. When you are at supper with friends, you can talk then... between bites. If everyone times it correctly and properly someone will talk while the others eat and then it switches. This is natural, it just happens. Don't upset the flow of nature. Don't talk while you are chewing and for the love of God close your mouth!!

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about people who go pee while they are talking on the phone!!!

farleycat said...

Ugh, that's disgusting!

tee said...

I can't stand the sound of chewing...ever. I say that everyone eats yogurt and pudding from now on. Deals?