7.22.2009

work laptops

So, this is my last post for the day. I've been writing things down to post about. And vent about.

Okay, so at my office full of professionals there are a lot of people who have a laptop. I can understand that, it's a great piece of equipment that can be useful when you go out on site a lot, if you're in a lot of meetings or if you travel a lot. So yeah, get it for the engineers, the site guys and various other people who are in and out of the office. What I don't understand is why someone in admin, specifically document control, needs a laptop. This makes no sense to me. All she does is work at her desk. She has no need for a lap top. She doesn't go into meetings, she's never on site, she doesn't travel. I don't get it! That is a waste of money and resources. Some people don't even have a desk and they have to move places everyday don't have a computer. Give them a laptop and set them up somewhere they can work.

Okay. I'm done.

0 comments: